Hydrotherapy is water-based exercise which allows low-load rehabilitation and treatment of conditions.
Hydrotherapy utilises the properties of water such as buoyancy and hydrostatic pressure and can have a number of positive effects including reduced pain and swelling, improved mobility and increased function. Strength and conditioning exercises can be performed either using the resistance of water alone or the use of small equipment such as paddles or foam.
Conditions which may benefit from hydrotherapy include:
- Low back pain
- Knee and hip osteoarthritis
- Shoulder pain (persistent pain and post-op rehabilitation)
- Injuries where weight-bearing or loading is restricted
- Sports injuries where cross-training is required to maintain fitness (e.g. deep water running)
- Mobility and balance retraining
- Chronic and Persistent Pain Management
Hydrotherapy services at NQ Physio Solutions are available by appointment. Contact us for more details.